Monday, October 1, 2007

Overheard...

Yesterday afternoon, we went to visit my mother and took Princess W, a neighbor girl, with us. Leaving our neighborhood, we drove past a new two-story home under construction. I remarked to RxMan that it was going to be pretty when it was completed. The two seven-year olds in the back, little eavesdroppers that they are, struck up a conversation on their own regarding the new home.

Princess W: "Hey, Her Highness, that is a big house."

HH: "Yeah, it is. It's gonna be pretty, huh?"

PW: "I wanna go in there but the people are always there and my dad won't take me in."

HH: "I know. I want a big house like that when I get big."

PW: "Not me. I want a three-story house."

HH: "I want a mansion!" (giggles all around)

PW: "How much you think a mansion costs?"

HH: "I don't know........probably, like, thousand dollars."

PW: "Wow, that's a lot of money."



Oh, to be seven and clueless again, right???

3 comments:

The Egel Nest said...

That is so cute!!!!!!!

I can't wait until my little monkey starts talking and saying funny things!

Bradley
The Egel Nest

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I often wonder where they come up with that stuff. That is so insanely cute!!

MamaMichelsBabies said...

Hehehehe!!

Reminds me of when Meathead brought me 3 dollars from his piggy bank once thinking an X Box was 3 not 300.

So cute!