Thursday, October 11, 2007

Well, DUH!

Yesterday, Her Highness returned to school, ever so briefly. RxMan and I were in Wal-Mart grocery shopping and the cell rang and I knew it was her school. HH had gone to school despite still having pain in her belly. So, we hurriedly gathered what we needed and left.

A little while later, as I tried to ascertain what the root of this mystery stomach pain (Where is House when I need him?) was, I asked HH a series of questions.

Me: Her Highness, what does the pain feel like? Is it burning or feel like something is poking you?
HH: Both, Momma.
Me: Okay, well, when did this start? Before or after you fell at the neighbor's house on Saturday?
HH: (pausing) Well.... I don't know, Momma. It started when it started.


Well, DUH, right? Of course, it started when it started. My bad, Her Highness. My bad.

She went back to school, again, this morning feeling much better, she announced. So, I hope that sticks.






2 comments:

The Egel Nest said...

It started when it started...

lol

At least her highness understands the importance of honesty and directness! :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I just love how kids come up with those things at that age. So honest, so true!