Sunday, November 11, 2007

Windex...Yum!

To my kids, Windex is like crack. They can't get enough of it. Her Highness has outgrown her addiction but The Conqueror is reveling in his. He loves, loves, loves licking windows and all glass surfaces to taste the squeaky goodness that is Windex.

We spent this afternoon with my parents at their home and my son was allowed to sit on the dining room table, which is incidentally covered with glass. (See where this is going?) Well, he soon figured out that it had recently been cleaned and leaned over and licked the surface. He then begins crawling across the table but I grabbed his leg and pulled him back. As he was pulled across the slick glass, he left a slobbery trail the size of his ten month old tongue in his wake. Classy, huh?

The good news for me is I don't clean. So, our surfaces are rarely freshly Windexed so I don't have to worry about the little fiend getting his tongue stuck to a window like the kid on A Christmas Story did to the flagpole.

5 comments:

Kat said...

Hahaha! That is funny. My boys are not the glass licking type. They are more the, eat the crumbs from the carpet type. As in "oh look at this! I think this was from the cookie I had last night. Nope. Just part of my bread from lunch." I guess I need to vacuum more.

The Egel Nest said...

My cat likes to lick photos...

Is windex licking harmful to your kids...doesn't it have...ammonia or something...

Not that it is any more dangerous than the lead paint toys we all have...lol

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Toni said...

Well, Bradley, Her Highness is still here despite doing the same thing for her first 3 - 4 years. And, I am more worried about the lead, as you mentioned.

Kathryn- Oh, The Conqueror is my tiny vacuum, too. Boys, I say! (:

Kellan said...

So funny - not yummy, but funny! See ya.

Steph said...

HAHA!! I can just picture that in my head!! SO great! :)

What is it with boys?? Gabe is only 4 1/2 months and his hands are ALWAYS in his mouth. I have to lay him on a blanket or vaccuum like a crazy woman to avoid finding things in his mouth.