Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hannah Montana

Miley Cyrus (aka Hannah Montana) is coming to Columbus on December 11th and I thought what a great idea to take Her Highness, my niece and go see this concert for HH's birthday gift (her b-day is 12/9). I even got a hold of some other friends with little 7 and 8 year olds and we were going to make a day of it: shop, dinner, concert. Hell, sounds like a great freakin' time for my birthday, y'know?

So, the plans were hatched. I should have known better than to think it would work out. Way too many variables. At least I didn't tell HH. Oh, she would still be crying.

The day the tickets went on sale, RxMan was all ready. We had verified our credit card info with Ticketmaster and were set to order. 10:00AM rolls around and we are online, along with other friends trying to score tickets. At 10:02, sold out. That pissed me off.

Is Miley Cyrus Elvis reincarnate? Maybe The Beatles? This is ridiculous. Well, turns out that there were pre-sales for fan club members but I still don't know why no one that I know got any tickets on Saturday.

I am pretty disgusted with this whole concert ticket crap. Tickets are outrageously priced and then you can't even get in to see a 14 year old?

So, no concert for us unless I decide to cough up $300+ for tickets. Not gonna happen. Ever.

No comments: