Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Overheard

Her Highness: Mommy, I cleaned my room!
Me: You did? Are you pulling my leg?
HH: (puzzled, looks at hands and then my legs) No!

When she said "no!" It sounded much more like "No, stupid! I am NOT pulling your freakin' leg; are you crazy?" Apparently, my daughter had never heard this expression before. I guess she is still pretty literal at eight years old. Just when I start getting convinced that she is nearly grown, something like this happens and reminds me she is still my little girl. Sarcastic, yes. But still little.

Thank God.


6 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

THANK GAWD. I can just hear that NO. :)

DIXIECHICK said...

Hey, I have an award for you....come on over and claim it!

Kellan said...

So cute - they do take so much literally don't they?! Funny story Toni - see you later. Kellan

Anonymous said...

Thank God, indeed! I love when they give the awesome one liner!

Anonymous said...

How cool, i love how kids think

The Egel Nest said...

Very cute that they don't quite get sarcasm...

It could also be that the phrase, "pulling my leg" went out with leg warmers in the 80's...lol

Love you girl!


Bradley
The Egel Nest