Saturday, October 6, 2007

What Do I Have To Complain About?


I spend a lot of time worrying and complaining about the state of things right now in my life. The Conqueror has decided he will go into newborn-mode and get up every two or three hours at night. I guess he just wants to mix things up a little; keep me on my toes. (Or, show me who's boss!) I feel like I am neglecting Her Highness because she is seven and simply not as needy as the boy is. RxMan's having a lot of stress at work and then the lack of sleep we are getting at night is a concern I have for him. His job is such that there is no room for error and I worry that he will make a mistake that could really harm someone.

But what do I really have to complain about?
I have a nice home. A loving, wonderful husband who would do anything for me or my children. RxMan works so hard so I can stay home and be with TC and HH. He is so encouraging about my course work and the time I need to do it. He even lets me go back to bed in the morning so I can rest for a little bit when the boy has been up several times in the night. I am a truly blessed person to have such support from him because I know many don't have that.
I also have two children, who are healthy and perfect in every way. Her Highness is smart and nice. She makes friends everywhere she goes. She is talented. She is polite and such a help with her little brother. Less importantly, she is so pretty. Even when she was a wee baby, RxMan and I were stopped by strangers telling us how beautiful she was/is. I always wanted a daughter and am so glad that HH is the one I got.


Then there is The Conqueror. There is a reason I dubbed him this when I began blogging some time ago. He is a force to be reckoned with, that is for certain. He will not conform to any set of schedules or rules that I set down. Oh, no. He is a dude with an agenda and will of his own. He brings out a side of me that I don't much like sometimes. His stubbornness and unwillingness to conform to my ideals makes me feel frustrated and defeated; I feel like I have somehow failed as a mother a lot of times. But, I also have found a new way to love someone. He and I are so much closer than HH and I were at this point, thanks, in part, to breastfeeding and no post-partum depression this time (thank God!).
So, for all the sniveling I do on these pages, I know that I am truly one lucky, blessed person. I have everything I want in my beautiful family and thought today was a perfect day to remind my self of it.

1 comment:

VDog said...

What a cute picture of your two adorable kids!

It's important to honor your feelings, but at the same time, realize how lucky we are in life.

Sounds like you are doing great.