Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Good Day



Yesterday, RxMan and I took Her Highness, The Conqueror and my niece to a local pumpkin patch. The weather here in southeastern Ohio was lovely: around 70 degrees and cloudless skies. It was truly a perfect day for being out in nature.

There was a corn maze, hay ride, sand box, slides and petting zoo. I was a little disturbed by the petting zoo, though. It consisted of three bunnies, 2 pigs, 2 donkeys and a sheep and a goat. All of the animals but the bunnies could run away but these poor little rabbits were stuck in their cages at the mercy of all the little kids who reached in a dragged them out. That seemed a little inhumane to me and I am not really a person who gets worked up over animal rights or anything of that nature. Of course, my indignation didn't stop me from getting them out and passing them around to the children with me. Hmmn. I guess I'm being a bit of a hypocrite, aren't I?

It is days like yesterday that make me proud to be a mother. My children were well-behaved. I didn't berate or scold RxMan in public (that I recall). Her Highness didn't melt down about, well, anything. A good time was had by all.

1 comment:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Another pricless trip. Loos like so much fun.