Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Very First Meme!

I'm a kid in a candy store. A five year old at Christmas. I have been tagged by Michel at Minnesota Madness to do the following meme. And this is the first time I have been tagged since, well, the sixth grade! I feel like the cool kids asked me to be on their kick ball team.

Okay, now that I have revealed what a dork I am and ruined my chances of being tagged in the future, here goes:

4 jobs I've had worker at a farm market, student worker in the government documents dept. at a university library (yawn), dental office receptionist, assistant manager at a chain drug store

4 movies I could watch over and over Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing (I know, I know), Steel Magnolias and She's All That (this is a teeny-bopper movie starring Freddie Prinze, Jr. from the '90s, long after I was no longer a teeny-bopper. I got hooked on it when I was expecting Her Highness because it was on late at night when I was up puking my brains out, so...)

4 tv shoes I watch Only four??? Thank God for DVR; I watch TV while nursing The Conqueror because he doesn't allow reading. House, Prison Break, Heroes and Brothers and Sisters. Oh, and Grey's Anatomy. And Boston Legal. And...okay, okay only four.

4 places I've lived WhereILiveNow, OH (born and raised), Columbus, OH, Circleville, OH and I did a short stint in Kent, OH. Other than summers at my grandparents' home on the Outer Banks, NC, I have always resided in the Buckeye State.

4 favorite foods Pizza, Mashed Potatoes, Baked Ziti and Cherry Pie or Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Icing (a toss-up between the two desserts). I'm a pretty simple person.

4 favorite colors Black, Red, Green and White.

4 places I'd love to be right now Hilton Head Island, SC, Florence, Italy, New York City, Chicago (Oprah, of course!)

4 names I love but could/would not use for my children Jack (this was the second runner for The Conqueror, who we ended up naming for family members), Grace (which I wish I had named Her Highness because she will always have the first letter of her last name on her papers), Sophie (our last sounds weirdly like this and ridiculous together) and Liberty (my family thought it sounded hippie-ish and we are done. Done. Done. Having Children. Done.)

I am now tagging WorksforMom, Bradley and Allie!

7 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, we just moved here from Columbus, OH (actually in New Albany - a suburb). We lived there for 5 years. I didn't know you were from OH also. I loved it there. But then we got relocated. again.

I've gotten like 10 tags this week, so I hope to get to it this weekend (and you just may get one back)! :)

P.S. Go Buckeyes. :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh, and all your responses were awesome.

Toni said...

What a small world. My family and I live in Zanesville, which is about 50 miles or so away from Columbus. As to the tag, no worries. It was just fun being picked!

The Egel Nest said...

I also got tagged a whole bunch this week...hopefully I'll get to them all!

But I loved getting to know you...

You need to move somewhere other than Ohio :)

Somewhere exotic!

I enjoyed your very first meme!

Bradley
The Egel Nest

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I remember driving through zanesville! Small world indeed.

Oh I'll get to it, but you're about to get a second tag! ;)

MamaMichelsBabies said...

I'm laughing out loud over here.. I'm so NOT one of the cool kids!

Pizza should have also been on that list..

Now I'm hungry hehe! THanks for playing along!

Victoria said...

I liked your answers to this meme. Very sweet.