Thursday, September 4, 2008

Holy Hanna!


We are scheduled to leave for the South Carolina barrier island of Hilton Head bright and early Friday morning.

Of course, we are concerned about Hanna, the gigantic tropical storm churning in the Atlantic.

I spent the biggest part of yesterday near a tv worrying and fretting and working myself into a migraine and upset stomach over this blasted storm. Where would she make landfall? Would there be bad weather? Should we cancel outright and take advantage of the rental agency's inclement weather policy?

Well, we decided to take our chances and head to the beach. We love Hilton Head. We have planned to go there for about 6 months and, by golly, we are going.

So, say a prayer, if you are so inclined, or send warm, hurricane-moving thoughts that way.... and I promise I will be a better blogger once I've spent some time on a beach with a book and a tropical drink (or 6).





5 comments:

Head Gaggler said...

I hope it doesn't ruin your time. Hurricane season sucks and this year is supposed to be especially bad. Stay dry!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Toni, have a fantastic time. That sounds lovely (well okay excluding the hurrican part).

Well wishes on their way!

Have fun and enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I know how much this was upsetting you. Good luck.

Missy said...

I think you guys will be okay - if anything, the storm will pass through quickly, and it will rain. By Saturday morning, all should be good - and I hope that you guys have a wonderful time visiting our sunny state of SC. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great trip and that Hanna steers clear of you!