Monday, August 25, 2008

Good Times



My car wouldn't start on Friday morning.

Instead of panicking, I chose to see this as a good thing seeing as how we leave for Hilton Head Island on September 5. Better now than then, right?

Then, I learned that the dealer, who must work on my vehicle because of the warranty, is booked solid until Thursday, August 28.

Guess who had to beg, borrow, steal and threaten a lawsuit to get a crummy loaner car? I mean, even us SAHMs must run to The Wal-Mart once in a while, right? Imagine their surprise that I refused to go 7 days without a vehicle!

And, just for a little more rain on my parade, the main drain for two of our bathrooms chose last night to clog up and begin backing up into the tubs. Can you say
ew?

So, now I get to spend today waiting on the plumber to come, writing a ginormous check to cover his time and, then, cleaning used toilet paper out of my bathtubs...what fun!

So, what's on your agenda today???







9 comments:

Kellan said...

Oh, sorry about the car and the plumbing! Last night water started shooting out of the front of our fridge (from the ice maker thingy) - there was A LOT of water all over the floor of the kitchen when we noticed what was going on - what a mess. Hope you get your car/plumbing stuff figured out soon. Take care - Kellan

Life As I Know It said...

Ugh. Well, just keep thinking about Hilton Head as the light at the end of the tunnel!

Melissa said...

A rough day indeed. But you do have a nice holiday to look forward to. Hang in there!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Damn that murphy. We have had more 'emergencies' in the last month than in the last 6 years.

It rains and then it downpours.

ME? Laundry, ironing and dinner making. Stop it - you don't need to be all jealous. :)

Karen Coutu said...

Ewwwww about the tub!

Sorry all this is happening to you at once. I bet that vacation feels long overdue, huh?

Karen of the MomDot Street Team
www.MomDot.com

Mamajil said...

Sorry, you are dealing with all this hopefully its all back to normal by now!
Have a happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

I'll be writing a check as big as a car to pay for our new roof & will also be calling a foundation company as our 5 year old house seems to be doing major settling. It kills me to watch that money take wings. Good luck with the car. That sucks. And, plumbing issues? EWW.

Cynthia said...

Oh no! I am sending happy vibes:)

Kristi said...

I hope it's gotten better for you since you wrote this post.