Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Black and Blue

So I am a slacker of mega proportions when it comes to blogging.

Some days I am determined to get back on the horse 'cause I do love to read about you (I lurk more than comment, though, these days) and love your comments here even more.

Other days, I think I will just throw in the towel.

A little yellow rose from Texas, though, keeps pecking (nicely and gently) and keeps me from doing the latter.

I have so much to say that it seems it would be easier to not say anything. Does that make even a little sense?

So, back to the title of this post: black and blue.

I have spent a great deal of time lately on the ground.

We had an ice storm here in Buckeye land a few weeks ago and then low temps that caused the ice to linger. Last Monday, I stepped out of my car to go to class and then promptly crashed into the car next to me. I bumped my head, back, bum and, worst of all, spilled my coffee.

Two days later, the same. Different locale, same result.

As my blue bruises began to fade into a most unattractive mustard and the throbbing in my neck, back and bum waned, I sat in a chair in class last night that just felt...wrong.

I shoulda listened to my gut.

A few minutes later, I leaned forward to grab something and BOOM! down on the floor I went.

So the bruises on my bum, back, arms and head have cousins now.

But my ego? It may never recover after breaking a chair and landing with a THUD! on the ground in front of 25 semi-strangers.

2 comments:

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I'm so happy to see you posting, honey. The reason I keep coming back when I want to throw in the towel? I can't lose the people. Which is why I harp on you. I'm sorry the weather is keeping your in a full-body cast. I busted my lip open by doing that very thing. Darn chair! How dare you embarrass Toni.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Well I miss you bunches too Toni and sincerely hope all is well in your world. Damn that life for getting so busy and all. Trust me, I feel ya.

Later chica. xoxo.