Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Have A Confession....

Sometimes I hide from my children.

Yep, I do.

I go into my bedroom and pull the curtains closed making it a little dark and hard to see in there. Then I pile pillows at the bottom of the bed so as to obstruct the view from the doorway of the chair that sits in my room.

My children will come to the door, look in and not see me even though I am in the chair.

Then they move on to another room, looking for me.

And sometimes (sometimes!) they will get distracted by something in another room and forget they were looking for me! And I get a few minutes to be Toni and not Mom!

Now, those are the moments a mom cherishes:sitting in a quiet, slightly dark room, sipping mouthwash a cold drink and relishing the solitude.

Today will be one of those hide in the bedroom days. Indeed.

Claire is home from school and bored to death for the holiday and Liam awoke on the wrong side of the toddler bed at 5!AM!

Yes, today I will skulk into my room and briefly hide from my children.

And, you know what? I'm not even ashamed of it.


Legal note: No children are neglected or injured as a result of this mother's reprieve. She can totally hear everything going on and only hides for a few minutes to recoup her sanity.



9 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I totally feel ya. But you know that.

See you at drink-thirty (if we can last that long).

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you wrote this post. We all have these days and you just reminded us that it's okay to take some time for yourself!

Kellan said...

You are so cute! I hide too!

Have a good evening - Kellan

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

You know what? It's normal. And, perfectly fine.

Melissa said...

Yep. I've been there, too. Actually, I'm there now. :)

Karen Coutu said...

I'll have to remember that trick! ;P

Karen of the MomDot Street Team
www.MomDot.com

DIXIECHICK said...

Been there done that myself..and you know what, there is nothing wrong with that. This past weekend, I thought I was going to lose my mind....and I too had to slink away for a little while...it was only for ten minutes or so, but, it was enough...

Missy said...

You are funny. I get it. :)

BTW, I have left you some bloggy love on my blog.

Hip Mom's Guide said...

Ditto what the others said: totally normal, totally fine, and how sad that you even had to think about the legal footnote. Sanity sometimes requires a minute, or so..., to yourself. :)