Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Regurgitation





You know what I hate?


I hate puke.

I really, really hate people puke but cat puke?

That seriously ticks me off.

I know, all you dog people are going,
see, that's why I have a dog. Well, I got a cat so I didn't have to take it out in the middle of the night to go pee, okay? Let's table the canine vs. feline discussion for now, m'kay? See, right now, I don't care if you like cats or dogs 'cause at this point I hate all animals!

When you decide to have a baby, you know there is a certain amount of grossness you will be forced to endure. You know they poop- a lot. You know they drool and spit up.

But when I agreed to allow a cat into my home, I didn't know they puked. You're scoffing, I hear you. But, I swear I didn't know. My mom didn't allow pets of any kind in our home. Ever. So, I was the kid who dreamed of a pet to love and cuddle with. There was absolutely no puke in my dream, I can assure you.

My husband was raised with dogs. Big dogs. I am rather afraid of big dogs. And when we saw the cute little ball of fluff that is our cat? Well, that man who loved big, manly dogs fell head over paws for that tiny little meower.

The thing with our cat, though, is that she is mean. She bites, scratches and attacks. Especially my kids. But, she is a part of the family- just like a cranky, bitter grandparent you love despite the fact they still won't let you pee in the indoor toilet. We do love her.
I love her.

Well, I did until this puking started. Now? Now, I am just sick of cleaning up cat puke. For reals.

I also feel like this sudden puking is in retaliation for our vacation. I do! She is fiery mad at us for leaving her and I have cleaned up cat puke daily since we returned.

Oh, and just to add a little cherry to the puke sundae of my day? Liam has diarrhea! Good times, friends, good times.




6 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

There is only 1 thing worse than cat vomit.

And that would be Cat piss.

Our furball has now decided to vomit AND miss the litterbox. Usually on the same day. WAH.

=^..^=

Melissa said...

I love my cats. Why? Because they are the first cats I have ever owned who don't puke. I am so lucky.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the joys of owning a cat. I have always been the one to have to clean it up. BUT now that I'm pregnant, I've been using the "I'm already nauseous" line and hubby is cleaning it up! SO my advice to you is to fake a pregnancy!! :-)

Head Gaggler said...

Oh no, that stinks, literally. My dogs puke all the time. Makes me so freakin mad!

Cynthia said...

Cat owner here...hating puke!

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I wish someone would've told me about the excess bodily fluids that come with pets and kids.