Monday, April 14, 2008

The One About Naming the Mini Horse

I know, crazy title. This might be a crazy post but I need your help. Well, not really me, but my prospective namesake does.

Okay, from the top.

I received a comment from Up To My Ears In Mini Horses congratulating me on my new look. So, I followed up and went to her site (coincidentally, this is Nap's mother) to thank her for the kind words.

When I arrived, I discovered that this was really a site about miniature horses (I never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the box) and she had had an unexpected birth that day, which was March 29, and the new horse (filly? foal? colt?) needed a name.

March 29th was my birthday so I jokingly commented that she should name it after me.

A few days later, NapWarden left a comment that the horse was actually being called Toni. Can you believe it? Isn't that just the coolest thing EVAH??

There's a catch, though.

Horses aren't just called Toni. Or Steve. Or Esther. They have groovy names like Afternoon Delight, Kiss Me Kate, Stormy Weather and Kibbles & Bits. So, this horse must be names Toni Something or Something Toni; Toni must be in the name.

So, I am coming to you, my savvy, wonderful readers. Please help UpToMyEars name this little Toni in a name befitting a majestic little horse. Click here to see her picture; isn't she just the cutest mini horse ever? I am so proud...

So, sock it to me. What should Toni's real name be?? (Of course, I will pass this info on.)

7 comments:

Missy said...

I am terrible at naming things - every pet I ever had was named something silly.
Can you include Toni in the name somehow. Like Toni Bologna?
Sorry, I am no help. :)

Anonymous said...

I think you need to tie it in to Willa Cather & My Antonia.

Up To My Ears In Mini Horses said...

Thanks for posting my request. Nap suggested Toni Poni, but since the filly (foal) is a little miniature horse not a shetland pony I did not feel that I wanted to go with that.
I am really stuck, I have looked up book titles, play titles, movie titles but still need something catchy.
Perhaps someone can think of a name in mythology or famous character in a book or movie.
Don't worry, she will be Toni something, or something Toni, or SomethingToniSomething...and I have several weeks to decide before I register her.
So hang in there bloggers and once a name is choosen I will share it with your devoted followers.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh Lord, I'm useless at name picking but I am SO impressed that even horses are being named after you! What's next Toni Tower? :)

Can I get you autograph?

Cynthia said...

I have been racking my brain on this one....!

Life As I Know It said...

I don't know...but what a good looking horse. Cute!

The Egel Nest said...

Ok..so has everyone overlooked the obvious word play on the children's toy...

My Little Toni (My Little Pony)

I mean it's a miniature horse..named Toni...My Little Toni!

I'm just sayin'! :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

PS I apologize for my absentee blog visitation...the beautiful wife just got back into town tonight...and it was very busy in the nest!