Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Karmic Revenge

'Member how I was making fun of my husband last week for being the sickest man alive?

Yeah, that was a mistake.

'Cause on Sunday afternoon, fate threw me and my little guy a nasty case of the stomach bug out of nowhere. It snuck into my gut and made a happy little home that put me straight onto my back where I stayed until today. (Straight onto my back, that is, after I vomited all over myself, my son and my bedroom carpeting. Any thoughts on stain removal?)

That bug?

Yeah, it was bad. And I mean bad as in badass. As in praying for death. As in crying for my mommy. (Which I did.)

I was in such sorry shape I had to call my mom and ask her to come care for my kids while I spent a great deal of time communing with my least favorite porcelain god.

And my husband, whom I insinuated was the world's biggest baby?

Took the best care of me and my little man EVAH!

Without even one "I told you so" mixed with the ginger ale and saltines.

In sickness and health, indeed.

6 comments:

Missy said...

Ick. I hope that you are feeling better! I am the only one in my family who has not gotten sick yet with the horrible flu like illness, so I am crossing my fingers that I won't!

Anonymous said...

Oh man...you know you are sick when you cry for your mommy!

Hope you are feeling 100% soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, he goes and does the smug better than thou thing? Ah. That's worse. And, I'm sorry you had to call in for reinforcements. Feel better.

Kellan said...

Oh, Toni - I'm so sorry you got such a bad bug and have been feeling so bad! I hope it's over for good and you are feeling better now! Take care and I'll see you soon. Kellan

Life As I Know It said...

Blech! The stomach bug is the worst.
Hope you are feeling better, and yay! for your husband for taking care of you!

DIXIECHICK said...

I hope you are better...glad hubby took such good care of you and your Mom was able to help you out. Nothing like being sick, having to keep on keeping on.