Monday, December 17, 2007

The Invasion!

Today, I went to do some last minute Christmas shopping. I am mostly done but had some store coupons to use and a few small items I needed so I shopped. And went to Starbucks. It was pretty wonderful. The problem? Laundry. See, it still gets dirty and/or needs folded and dispatched with even if your kids are sick. Or, you are busy doing things like Christmas shopping. Or blogging. Or watching Project Runway on the DVR. What a pisser....


This is part of the dirty pile(s):
This is one of the clean baskets. (My mom would freak at this; clean laundry shoved into a basket! The wrinkles! The horror!)

So, my house has been invaded by laundry. RxMan is usually a big help but this is a weekend he worked and we all ran out of underwear. That is a problem because we can't fit into The Conqueror's diapies.

Y'know what I want for Christmas? A maid. And I don't even care if we have to kidnap her from a foreign country and hold her captive in the basement.

7 comments:

Kellan said...

Hold her captive in the basement - ACK - don't do that - that's not a good idea! I know you are just kidding - I feel the same way about the mess in my own house. Take care and don't stress too much over the mess - we are all in the same sinking boat. kellan

Patois42 said...

Maybe the maid would like the basement.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Hey Toni, how about you and me share the maid? My piles could beat up your piles! :)

Robin said...

Sounds like you just need to buy more underwear - then you go can longer between the white load!!

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Very funny post, and oh so close to my reality! :) I think the dirty clothes multiply in the laundry room at night while we're sleeping! Ugh.

Unknown said...

Oh, I see you've been to my house!! I have lots of piles of clean. We just pull from the pile and reuse. A gal after my own heart!

dawn224 said...

ugh.

I once cried when I was just caught up on the ironing and my husband pulled out all of his stupid tshirts to hang to dry and then be ironed.