Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Happy 35th Birthday, RxMan!

Today my husband is thirty-five years old. Is that possible? It seems like just a few days ago, thirty-five was old. Pretty ancient, in fact. How did it happen that I am actually married to someone that I think is kinda old? I am thirty-two so it is not as if thirty-five is that far off but the part of me who still thinks of myself as a twenty-year old is having some trouble reconciling with this fact.

RxMan, for those who don't know, is adopted. Early this morning, and I mean early- it was still dark, I asked him what did he think his birth mother thought about today. He said he had never thought of that before. I, on the other hand, think of it all the time. With all of this tension and strife he has with his adopted parents, I wonder if his real mom would be a good substitute for the relationship with them. He, however, is hesitant because of what he may find. What if she is poor and sees him as a meal ticket? Or, worse, what if she is not interested in a relationship with him? So, we do not search for her; there is a release filed with the county in which he was born that he desires contact with birth family members and, if and when they look for him, his information will be shared.

On this day, I would like to recognize what this woman, who in 1972 was only a girl, gave to me and my children. RxMan is a wonderful man and a great father and husband. If she could only meet him and see the person he has become, she would probably feel such relief that she did, in fact, make the right choice all those years ago. Sure, life isn't perfect but, overall, it is good. She gave him the opportunity to grow into this man whom I love with all of my heart and my children, his children, adore. For that, I thank her.

Happy Birthday, RxMan....

2 comments:

Allie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RxMAN!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU BUNCHES AND BUNCHES OF LOTS!

Tone - what a beautiful post!

Allie

Linasolopoesie said...

Hello!!! they are still I
I wanted dirti that I have postato in mine blog the photos of the friends of blogger, I wanted to mail also you, but I see that your child is alone. I can posyare that one of your beautifulst child?
it makes to know me. thanks and good day… Always I Lina